Lymphedema/Abnormal Swelling is the accumulation of fluid just beneath the skin. It can be found in any part of the body, however is most common in extremities. Lymphedema is a chronic condition, which can be successfully managed with the proper interventions.
Causes of Lymphedema/Abnormal Swelling:
- Side effects from cancer treatments
- Removal of Lymph nodes
- Orthopedic surgeries/injuries
- Decreased cardiac or kidney functioning
- Lymphatic insufficiencies
- Vascular inadequacies
- Severe burns
- Birth Defects
If you suffer from abnormal swelling that is not resolved by the use of Diuretics or elevation, then Lymphedema Treatment is for you.
Natural Therapy is the only clinic in the Omaha area that offers “full service lymphedema” in one location. We are able to provide every patient with all of the necessary tools to be successful with their lymphedema management.
We offer unparalleled care for the reduction of swelling and increased outcomes for our patients. Treatments include:
- LET–Lymphedema Enhancement Technology, which enhances Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD-s specialized hands on technique to stimulate the lymph vessels and promote drainage of the excessive fluid in the tissue)
- Healthy Steps LEBED Exercise Classes
- Lymphedema Support Group
- Certified compression garment fitters
We order our compression garments direct, without going through an outside source, which allows our patients to wear their garments sooner.
Our Therapists have unprecedented experience with sequential pneumatic compression pumps and knowledge of the documentation requirements for insurance reimbursements.
We are Occupational Therapists as well as Lymphedema Specialists…we look beyond the swelling.
Our Clinical Team is focused on restoring your function and reducing physical,
as well as psychological suffering.
Natural Therapy treats more than just Lymph-edema/Abnormal Swelling. We are skilled at:
- Post-Mastectomy Pain
- Axillary Cording/Webbing
- Cancer Rehabilitation
- Scar Adhesion
- Soft Tissue Tightness
- Range of Motion Limitations
- Decreased Functional Limitations
- Chronic Inflammation
The Gold Standard for treatment for Lymphedema/Abnormal Swelling is Completed Decongestive Therapy (CDT).
- Skin Care
- Instructions in Self-care